Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Traffic Ticket Lawyer
How can we help with Traffic Ticket?
Fenbert & Associates defends men and women with traffic tickets all across Chicago and Cook County, Du Page County, Will County, McHenry County and Kane County. Mr. Fenbert is an experienced and aggressive attorney ready to challenge the weight and sufficiency of the evidence and ensure that the prosecution meets its burden of proof. Traffic offenses range from Petty Offenses to Misdemeanors to Felonies depending on the charge and the circumstances of the offense.
The most common traffic offenses that require court appearances are as follows:
- 3-707 Operating without insurance
- 3-708 Operating when registration suspended for non-insurance
- 6-101 No valid driver’s license
- 6-104 Violation of classification
- 6-113 Operating in violation of license or permit
- 6-301 Unlawful use of license or permit
- 11-409 Making a false report
- 11-601(b) Speeding-Only when more than 30 mph over the posted limit
- 11-1414(a) Passed school bus-loading or unloading
- 15-112(h) Refusal to stop and submit vehicle and load to weighing after being directed to do so by an officer, or removal of load prior to weighing 15-301(j) Violation of excess size and weight permit
- All alleged violations of the Child Passenger Protection Act
- Any traffic offense which results in an accident causing the death of any person or injury to any person other than the accused.
As stated, the penalties are range from Petty Offenses, Misdemeanors and Felonies depending on the facts and circumstances of each case. Generally, many serious traffic offenses are Misdemeanors. A Class B Misdemeanor is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $1,500 fine. Similarly, a Class A Misdemeanor is punishable by up to 364 days in jail and a $2,500 fine.
CRAFTING A DEFENSE
No traffic case is the same, but all cases are defensible in Illinois. The prosecution faces the challenge of having to prove each and every element of the speeding offense. The ticketing or arresting officer will be required to testify. If we proceed to trial, we will challenge the officer’s memory, credibility, and possible defenses.
Fenbert & Associates represents men and women charged Speeding. For a Free Consultation call Richard at 630-917-2051. He will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the possible penalties, mitigation evidence and your desired outcome.